Job, employment, occupation, and career are all different terms for the same thing — work! Finding a job that’s right for you can take some time and effort. If this is your first time looking for a job, or if you are looking to change jobs or reenter the workforce, you may want to examine your goals and skills.
Ferguson 1000 Jobs works with local community organizations who specialize in Job Readiness to assist in our job development strategy. One of our partners is the St. Louis Urban League;
– Increasing Client Success in Obtaining Jobs & Careers
The Employment Program is designed to:
– Provide low to moderate-income clients with comprehensive counseling and guidance to enable them to secure full or part-time jobs in the St. Louis metropolitan area
– Place clients in jobs from laborer to professional.
Why provide Employment services?
Living wage employment remains a key element of the holistic approach of helping clients achieve economic self-sufficiency.
Finding desirable employment provides a vital â€œladder outâ€ for African Americans and others trapped in poverty.
In the St. Louis metropolitan region, the unemployment rate for African Americans is over two times higher than the white community.
Statistics show that the largest barrier to African American employment is not a lack of job skills, but rather a lack of other skills (interviewing, resume writing, etc.) that are necessary to find desirable full or part-time employment.
From its founding in 1918, the Urban League of Metropolitan St. Louis has concentrated on ending discrimination, especially in the area of employment.
– Our Services
– Employment services include:
– Interviewing skills
– Resume preparation
– Computer access for online job searches and application
– Job search assistance
– Career counseling
– Job readiness training
– Job referrals
– Job development
– Job placement
– Case management
– Post-placement follow-up
– Urban League Employment Services Program serves residents in the St. Louis metropolitan area who are 18 years of age or older and who are interested in Urban League Employment Services.